Plastic, Aesthetic & Cosmetic Surgeon
Qualifications:MD, PhD, EBOPRAS
I am a 41 years old father of 6 year old Cesar and married to Claudia. I studied medicine and then plastic surgery in Italy, and moved to the UK in 2009 to study for a PhD in Canniesburn, Glasgow.
The main interests driving my career are the microsurgical application to face and breast surgery. This has also driven my research and publication history so far. I entered the GMC Specialist Register in 2010 and started performing cosmetic surgery and hair transplant in Harley Street, mainly at the weekend, while during the week I completed three microsurgical fellowships (Marsden, Guys and UCH) followed by Locum consultant jobs in Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery all over the UK, UCH Wythenshawe, Aberdeen Royal amongst others.
In 2016 I left the NHS to spend more time with my family in London and my practice is now based at 10 Harley Street.
● Born in Italy, Naples, on the 2nd of July 1977
● Italian Nationality
● From November 1997 to December 2002, student in Medicine and Surgery Faculty of the “2nd Università di Napoli”(SUN).
● President of the SISM (Segretariato Italiano Studenti in Medicina & Chirurgia) of Naples, seat of the International Federation of Medical Student Association, from 1999 to 2001
● October 1998, BSc: Department of Pathology, II Università di Napoli, Italy; Supervisor: Prof. A. Waisz.
● October - November 1999, Grand Support for Elective: Departamento de Cirurgia Plastica, Universidade de Taubetè, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Supervisor: Prof. M.W. Baena Destro
● March - April 2000, Grand Support for Elective: Department of Child Neuropsychiatry, University of Bologna, Italy
Supervisor. Doctor F. Provini
● October - November 2001, Grand Support for Elective: Departamento de Cirurgia Plastica, Universidade de Taubetè, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Supervisor: Prof. M.W. Baena destro
● Graduated in Medicine and Surgery on the 23rd of July 2003 at Messina University, Sicily, Italy, with 110/110 Cum Laude (Honor). University of Messina, Policlinico “G. Martino”, Consolare Valeria Street, 98100, Messina, Italy; Contact: +39 090 2212585 (Prof M. R. Colonna)
Post Graduate Training
● Specialty Training in Plastic Surgery completed with honour in 2008.
● PhD: Intramuscular neurovascular anatomy of muscle and fasciocutaneous flaps. Thesis discussed in April 2012. Joined project with the University of Glasgow, Scotland and the University of Messina, Italy.
● 2011 to 2014: Microvascular fellowships at the UCH (Mr N.Kalavrezos), then Royal Marsden (Mr P.Harris) and finally at Guys' (Mr M. Ho-Asjo).